It is very easy to upgrade to YumaPro SDK 20.10
YumaWorks follows the following strict programming rules that ensure backward compatibility with existing server behavior
- No API Changes: Customer facing API functions are never changed. Instead, new variants are added over time as needed.
- No CLI Changes: Existing CLI parameters are almost never changed. If a CLI parameter has been found to cause operational problems, it might be changed in a future release.
- Deprecation before Removal: In the rare case where an existing API or CLI parameter is removed, it will be marked as "deprecated" for at least a year before removal.
If your current release version is 17.10, refer to Upgrading to YumaPro SDK 18.10 first.
If your current release version is 18.10, refer to Upgrading to YumaPro SDK 19.10 first.
Non-Backward Compatible Changes
The following non-backward-compatible changes apply to the YumaPro SDK 20.10 release train:
- The bundle or module name "yang-push" is now reserved. If this name is used for your own module or bundle name then the YumaWorks YANG Push feature will not be available
The following new features are added to the YumaPro SDK 20.10 release train:
- YANG Push
- Enabled in the source code using the WITH_YANG_PUSH=1 flag
- Enabled at boot-time in the server by enabling the "yang-push" bundle in the server configuration
- RFC 8639 notifications are only available if the "yang-push" bundle is enabled and loaded
- Run-time CallHome Server Configuration
- SIL-SA Hooks Support
- Provides In-Transaction Callbacks to Sub-System Instrumentation
- Short Names Code Generation
- Simplified and Improved Automatic Code Generation
New Source Code Make Flags
The following source code make flags have been added. Refer to the top-level README file for details:
- DEBUG_LOG_TLS=1 : Add TLS buffer logging
- NO_LIBTECLA=1 : Remove libtecla code (NOT SUPPORTED FOR CUSTOMER USE)
- WITH_HOOKS_TEST_SILSA=1 : Add SIL-SA hooks test code (NOT SUPPORTED FOR CUSTOMER USE)
- WITH_YANG_PUSH=1 : Enable RFC 8639, RFC 8640, RFC 8641 functionality
New netconfd-pro CLI Parameters
The following server CLI parameters have been added. Refer to the YumaPro netconfd-pro User Manual for details:
- YANG Push Control Parameters
- Ignored unless --with-callhome=true
- The default is 'true' so you must add --with-yumaworks-callhome=false to remove this module
New netconfd-pro YANG Modules
The following YANG modules have been added. Refer to the YumaPro netconfd-pro User Manual for details:
- ietf-subscribed-notifications [Requires bundle yang-push]
- ietf-yang-push [Requires bundle yang-push]
- get2-test (NOT FOR CUSTOMER USE)
- hooks-test-silsa (NOT FOR CUSTOMER USE)
- yumaworks-callhome : Runtime configuration of CallHome connections
- yumaworks-yangpush-dev: Deviations for YANG Push [Requires yang-push bundle]
New yangdump-sdk CLI parameters
The following code generation CLI parameters have been added. Refer to the YumaPro yangdump-pro User Manual and YumaPro Developer Manual for details:
- force-prefix : force the short names prefix to the specified value
- short-names: enable short-names feature
- The default is 'true' so you must add --short-names=false to use the old long names format
Refer to the CLI Parameter List for details on parameters added to each release train.