Upgrading to YumaPro SDK 21.10
Modified on: Thu, 28 Oct, 2021 at 6:17 PM
It is very easy to upgrade to YumaPro SDK 201.10
YumaWorks follows the following strict programming rules that ensure backward compatibility with existing server behavior
- No API Changes: Customer facing API functions are never changed. Instead, new variants are added over time as needed.
- No CLI Changes: Existing CLI parameters are almost never changed. If a CLI parameter has been found to cause operational problems, it might be changed in a future release.
- Deprecation before Removal: In the rare case where an existing API or CLI parameter is removed, it will be marked as "deprecated" for at least a year before removal.
If your current release version is 17.10, refer to Upgrading to YumaPro SDK 18.10 first.
If your current release version is 18.10, refer to Upgrading to YumaPro SDK 19.10 first.
If your current release version is 19.10, refer to Upgrading to YumaPro 20.10 first
Non-Backward Compatible Changes
The following non-backward-compatible changes apply to the YumaPro SDK 21.10 release train:
yangdump-sdk Code Generation Parameters
- The default value for yangdump-sdk code generation has changed. The EDIT2 and GET2 callback modes are now the default. The following parameters are now redundant and can be omitted
- Previously these parameters were omitted to use the EDIT1 and GET1 callback modes.
Now the --sil-edit1 or --sil-get1 parameter must be used instead
make_sil_dir Code Generation Parameters
The following new features are added (so far) to the YumaPro SDK 21.10 release train:
- yp-grpc: netconfd-pro now supports the gRPC protocol
- Event Handlers: yangcli-pro now supports notification event handler shell scripts
New Source Code Make Flags
The following source code make flags have been added. Refer to the top-level README file for details:
- WITH_GRPC=1 : Add gRPC protocol support to netconfd-pro
New netconfd-pro CLI Parameters
The following server CLI parameters have been added. Refer to the YumaPro netconfd-pro User Manual for details:
- superuser parameter changed from a leaf to a leaf-list to allow multiple superuser accounts
- with-grpc parameter to enable the yp-grpc protocol feature
Refer to the CLI Parameter List for details on parameters added to each release train.
New netconfd-pro YANG Modules
The following YANG modules have been added. Refer to the YumaPro netconfd-pro User Manual for details:
- yumaworks-grpc-mon [Requires --with-grpc=true] (gRPC monitoring module)
- yumaworks-yp-grpc: [Requires --with-grpc=true] (Internal module for YControl protocol messages)
New yangdump-sdk CLI parameters
The following code generation CLI parameters have been added. Refer to the YumaPro yangdump-pro User Manual and YumaPro Developer Manual for details:
- sil-edit1 : Enable deprecated EDIT1 callback code generation
- sil-get1 : Enable deprecated GET1 callback code generation
New yangcli-pro CLI parameters
The following event handler control CLI parameters have been added. Refer to the yangcli-pro User Manual for details:
- autoeventhandlers : Enable automatic event handlers config load and save
New yangcli-pro commands
The following event handler commands have been added. Refer to the yangcli-pro User Manual for details:
- session-cfg :New parameter called use-event-handler added to this command
- event-handlers-cfg: Manage all event handlers
- event-handler-cfg: Manage a single event handler
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.